6 Week Stress Reduction Course
6 Week Stress Reduction Program
STARTS JANUARY 15TH 2024
Are you feeling the alarm bells of stress ringing?
We all feel stress, either from time to time or on a regular basis.
While stress is usually referred to as a negative experience, not all stress is bad. Some stress can be helpful, motivating us to get a task finished, or spurring us to perform well. However, if stress is ongoing or the stress response continues over a long period, the effects of stress can impact negatively on our physical and mental health.
The most common and unpleasant symptoms of unhealthy stress are:
- Muscle tension
- Mood swings
- Difficulty concentrating
- Changes in eating habits
- Sleep disturbances
- Increased conflicts with others
Dealing with the demands and stress of daily life is something that we all struggle with from time to time. However when stress responses become our way of operating in the world our physical and emotional health suffers.
If you are looking for proven practices that will help you navigate skilfully through the challenges that life brings please join us for our 6 Week Stress Reduction Program.
This program utilises traditional yoga and meditation to restore your nervous system and help you build positive habit patterns that give you the foundation of causeless joy and well-being.
16th October - 26th November 2023 .
- 6 Weeks of Unlimited Yoga & Meditation Classes at Rituals 3 x Studios
- 6 x Educational 2.5hr Workshops for Understanding and reducing stress in daily life.
- The Science of Stress with Psychologist Mel Taitamu
- Ayurvedic Lifestyle for Reducing Stress with Chasca Summerville
- Meditation for Self-awareness and Stress Relief with Mitch Hunter
- Pranayama (Yogic Breathing) for self-regulation with Rose Lamont
- The Nueroscience of Stress with neuroscientist Jonathon Macdonald
- Foundations of Qi Gong with Susana Lobo
*All workshops will be recorded for lifetime access.I
- Recorded Daily Mini Meditation to practice at home.
- Stress Reduction workbook to take you through your 6 Week Journey.
- Zoom Call Intro and Closing Sessions.
About the Program:
This course will focus on utilising Yoga and Meditation to alleviate the symptoms of stress and improve our well-being. You will be practising daily and also learn about the science of yoga and meditation with Rose Lamont and Mitch Hunter.
To support your journey we will also dive into the psychology and biology of stress with psychologist Mel Tatiamu and learn about how we can use Ayurveda to heal ourselves through Ayurvedic Daily routines with Chasca Summerville.
We know now that stress is the leading cause of disease as it wreaks havoc on our bodies and minds and creates a whole range of other issues in our relationships.
The good news is, is that traditional yoga and meditation is scientifically proven to reduce the symptoms of stress in our lives.
These are the 7 scientifically proven benefits of yoga and meditation on stress reduction:
- Reduction in Stress Hormones: Yoga and meditation can lower cortisol levels, a stress hormone (Creswell et al., 2016).
- Improved Emotional Regulation: Mindfulness meditation improves emotional regulation and reduces reactivity of the amygdala (Goldin & Gross, 2010).
- Lowered Perceived Stress: Yoga significantly reduces the perception of stress (Cramer et al., 2016).
- Enhanced Relaxation Response: (Sarang & Telles, 2006).
- Improved Psychological Well-being: Meditation is associated with reduced symptoms of anxiety and depression (Hofmann et al., 2010).
- Enhanced Resilience to Stress: (Bao et al., 2017).
- Better Sleep Quality: (Black et al., 2015).
So we know when yoga and meditation is taught and practised properly it works. The irony is that often we feel too busy or too STRESSED to slow down and take the time to bring ourselves back into balance.
SLOWING DOWN may feel counterintuitive at first, and if you’re highly stressed it may even feel ‘unproductive’. However it is the slowing down of the body, mind and breath that is truly the most productive thing you can do.
When we quiet our minds and attend to our nervous system we touch our inner life deeply and naturally our connection to our selves and the people in our lives is transformed in a positive way.
This course is designed to give you the knowledge and practical skills you need to make some simple changes in your daily life that will help us manage our responses to stress inducing situations and and heal the symptoms of stress.
- 6 Weeks of unlimited in-person Yoga & Meditation Classes Ritual's 3x studio locations.
- 4 x In-person Stress Reduction Workshops
- Recorded Daily meditations.
6 x Educational 2.5hr Workshops for Understanding and reducing stress in daily life.
- The Psychology of Stress with Psychologist Mel Taitamu 22nd Oct
- Ayurvedic Lifestyle for Reducing Stress with Chasca Summerville 29th Oct
- Meditation for Self-awareness and Stress Relief with Mitch Hunter 5th Nov
- Pranayama (Yogic Breathing) for self-regulation with Rose Lamont 12th Nov
- The Nueroscience of Stress with neuroscientist Jonathon Macdonald 19th Nov
- Foundations of Qi Gong with Susana Lobo 26th Nov
*All workshops will be recorded and given to you for lifetime access.
Ritual Members: $330 (if you are on a Ritual membership and already have access to classes. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for you discount code).
Q: What if I can't make a workshop?
A: You will be given the recordings for lifetime access
Q: What if i have no experience in yoga and meditation ? Or I'm too inflexible to start yoga?
A: No problem at all. We will start from the very beginning. Beginners are more than welcome. You aren't too inflexible to start yoga! Yoga isn't about how flexible you are. You will soon see huge improvements with just a couple of weeks of practice.
Don't wait and don't let fear hold you back. Join us for an enjoyable, educational and transformational 6 weeks!